Thursday, October 13, 2005

The Plan

Alright alright- Check this out. I was editing my profile and it propositioned me with this situation: "You're trapped in a well with a goat and a slinky. Describe how you will escape." Well, I got really pumped and started a massive brainstorming session that ended with one of my best plans ever. But, as I wrote it out it seemed that I had a few too many words and it wouldn't allow me to post it. SOOOO.... Here is my plan- unrated, uncut, and unbowdlerized. "Ok... First off I would give the goat a proper name. If he is going to be helping me in my escape it would benefit me to be able to call him by name. I believe that the best possible name for this goat would be Constantine. Our next task would be to stretch out the slinky. I am positive that no well in this universe is deeper than the length of that coil of metal and fun. After that I would train Constantine to throw my body as far as he could and with enough practice he would be able to get me over the top. Next, Constantine would help me tie the stretched out slinky around my waste and then proceed to hurl me over the top. Using my weight as leverage, Constantine could then easily climb up the slinky and meet me on solid ground. Our final task would involve me to mounting my faithful steed and cohort and riding off into the brave new world." Thank you for all of your time and imagination as you read my plan and visualized it in your mind's eye. Now, on a more serious note- I got back just a short while ago from two college visits. I spent a few hours this morning at the University of Louisville and then sped over to Boyce Bible College. I could definitely feel God working through these meetings and I happy to say that God is slowly revealing his will for my life more each day. At this moment I hesitate to make any big statements about my plans for college because decisions such as these deserve much more prayer and thought but I will keep you all updated as time travels on.

No comments: