Sunday, October 16, 2005

Hello from St. Thomas!

Well I am posting this blog from the Island of St. Thomas! The weather is perfect here. We just got off the boat a little while ago and of course as soon as we got off, we are bombarded by the taxi drivers wanting to take us around on a tour. No just isn't a good answer for these guys lol. So far everything has been pretty good. New York City was very rainy and COLD!, but still the scenery was overwhelming compared to Lexington. Once we left port and got out into the ocean the wind was pretty strong at a little over 70 mph at times. There were a few glasses rocked off the tables at dinner and my wife and father in law got a little sick. It's quite funny to watch the people trying to walk straight though. When we awoke the next morning everything was calm and hot! We spent two days at sea before arriving at San Juan where we took a tour with taxi driver Frank who was quite a character! We then left port at midnight and headed over here to St. Thomas which brings me to now. As I said in my last post the views are just incredible and it is amazing to think that it was done in only six days, just imagine if he would have taken two weeks!!!!!! Anyhow, I am sitting in this little internet shop where they charge by the minute, so my time is limited. I can't say I am very anxious to get back, but I am looking forward seeing everyone and getting back with the guys and jamming again. We will hit the island of Tortola tomorrow and then two days back at sea to New York and then home. Oh by the way, we did meet one of the musicians on the boat who just happens to be from Belleview, KY which is nothern KY, only about an hour from my house. I found it pretty interesting and nice to talk to someone with the same accent. Ericcia has just informed me that I am running out of time, so until next time. God Bless!! Kelly

No comments: