Monday, November 14, 2005

Back from Indiana

We had a great time in Indiana last night at Derek's aunt's church. They were a great audience, and we were blessed to be able to spend the evening glorifying God with them. Not to mention, they fed us! Thanks for the food! On the drive up, I decided to ride with Josh & Kelly. Big mistake. I didn't know it would result in my yearly fill of southern gospel music. I also didn't know that I'd only get to hear 45 seconds of each song before Josh would skip to the next one. (disclaimer: sorry, southern gospel just isn't my style, but I DO appreciate and respect it) The gig went well, considering we hadn't played together in a while. Josh surprised us by going into "Here I Am to Worship" off the cuff. Good thing we know it! The jazz musician in me loves the "flying by the seat of our pants" parts of our shows. On the way back, Josh & me put Kelly to sleep by going into deep, theological discussions about churches and more. It was great. The best part was, I didn't have to listen to any southern gospel! We look forward to going back sometime and playing there again. Adios...

No comments: