Thursday, February 01, 2007

My 5 Favorite JMB Songs

Hey guys, since the playlist thing didn't go over too well, we'll try something a little different. I get asked all the time, "Derek, what's your favorite Josh Martin Band songs?"... ok, so I don't really get asked, but I'm sure someone's thinking it... ok, so they probably aren't, but I'm still going to ask for you. So, what are my five favorite JMB songs? 5) Working Out My Day (Josh Martin Band)- I know it's an old one, but that song is fun to play. Wow, we haven't played that in a loooong time. 4) What Part Of Go (Not So Easily Pleased)- This used to be one of my least favorites but as you can see I'm liking it more and more each time we play it. It's provides lots of opportunities to feed off of each other in our concerts. 3) Wonderful Cross (no version released yet)- Although we haven't recorded this yet for an album (it'll hopefully be on the DVD) it's still going to make the list. The Wonderful Cross is one of my favorite worship songs and I think our version could stand against any other version that's out. Also, The Wonderous Cross was my grandpa's favorite hymn, so this song has some special meaning to me. 2) Wrap Me In Your Cross (Not So Easily Pleased)- This is a very close second. I think it contains some of the best lyrics that Josh has ever written. 1) I Am (Not So Easily Pleased)- Hands down, my absolute favorite JMB song. This song conveys a feeling that we all go through- Where is God in the times that I don't feel saved? The intro and end of song are so much fun to play- I love digging-in on the low D and C. Now it's time for the rest of the band to post their top 5... hopefully.

No comments: