Saturday, January 06, 2007

Andrew's Playlist

Here's my playlist - a la iTunes Celebrity Playlists.... sans the "Celebrity" part... 1. Ants Marching (Dave Matthews Band) – my all-time favorite song by my all-time favorite band. Not so much for the lyrics, but the energy of the music, especially live. 2. Hold Fast (MercyMe) – the first time I heard this song, I thought it was one of the most powerful songs I’ve ever heard. I still feel like that way, and it’s just as powerful live as the studio cut. 3. Superstition (Stevie Wonder) – the horn lick in this song is one of the catchiest snippets of music ever. Funky. 4. Pictures of You (The Cure) – I’m a child of the 80s, so I figured I needed to have an 80s song or two. 5. Here Am I (MercyMe) – the epitome of living the Christian life. We’re called to “go.” 6. Where the Streets Have No Name (U2) – one of those songs you wish were longer. If U2 wrote five more verses and repeated the chorus several more times, I wouldn’t have complained. 7. Speed of Sound (Coldplay) – my favorite song from 2005. I would love to see Coldplay live, and hear this anthem. 8. Is It Any Wonder (Keane) – another rock anthem. I would love to be a part of writing a song like this. I have a rule to only play this song loud in my car. All talking stops, the volume goes up, and I just listen. 9. Wonderful Cross – I didn’t label an artist for this because it’s been performed by praise bands everywhere. I prefer David Crowder Band’s version, which I’ve heard twice live. Aside from that, I think the Josh Martin Band’s version is second-best. Not to mention it’s a song about the focus of my faith. 10. Every Breath You Take (Sting) – Another great 80s song. 11. To Make You Feel My Love (Garth Brooks) – everyone has their favorite love song, and this is mine. (maybe the rest of the band will post theirs?? hint, hint) Later, Andrew

No comments: