Saturday, February 04, 2006

Big Weekend

Hello Hello! Derek here. I just felt like popping my head in for a few to talk a little bit about this weekend and what's going on in my life (like anyone actually cares). Last night was the Homecoming games at Franklin County High School and it was quite a night. Both the guys and girls played and we were victorious in both games. I was worried during the 1st quarter of the guys game (and the 1st half of the girls game!) but both teams really played hard and pulled out the big win. In between the two games, the !Fly Guys danced their first dance of the basketball season. We came prepared with our Space Jam show and pumped up the audience for some more basketball. It was definitely our best dance of the year and it seemed as if every guy on the squad had twice the energy as usual. It was really a great night. I wish that I could have screamed and cheered a bit more but I had to reserve my voice for my first college audition which took place this morning. I auditioned for the University of Kentucky School of Music at 11:30 and everything went great. I had to sing a prepared piece for a group of professors and then they had me sight-read a piece and clap a written out rhythm. I felt pretty confident about the prepared piece but I know that I totally nailed the sight-reading portion. They gave me a few minutes to review over the sight-reading so I tried to sing it out in my head, but for some reason, I couldn't hear it at all. It was as if my brain just didn't feel like working at that moment. But as soon as I started singing, the notes just flew out of me. God is truely amazing isn't he? There is no way that I could ever accomplish anything like that if it wasn't for his amazing grace. I have another audition at UofL on the 18th so try to keep my in your prayers. More to come as more develops...

No comments: