Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Did you Vote?

I hope that you guys that are of voting age went to vote yesterday. Voting is a priviledge that we have in this country that many people in other countries don't have. I use to not really care if I voted or not. I thought, "My one vote won't make a difference anyway". But I have since realized the importance of supporting candidates who share the same values as myself. Here is my only beef with election time: So many people say, "You should vote because people have died so that you could!" I have heard more Christians say that than I have heard them say, "Christ died so that you could be reconciled to God!" I guess my beef is not with election time as much as it is with the degrading of the cross. Voting is extemely important but it will always stand in the shadows of the cross. If you must tell someone that a person has died for their benefit, I pray that you will tell them of Christ, not just christian soldiers.

No comments: