Saturday, January 14, 2006

Recording Preparations (from Andrew's blog)

I posted this over at my personal blog, but I've decided to post it here as well:
Next week, the Josh Martin Band heads into the “studio” (that term used loosely in this case - our studio will be the dining room of Boone Lodge on Cedarmore’s campus). This long weekend will involve almost everything I love - playing the drums, recording, blogging, taking pictures, video, hanging out with friends, not working, updating websites, eating, sleeping, etc. (read further for more explanation). Most of all, these things will be done to glorify God. As you can imagine, I’m pretty excited. During the weekend, I will document the entire process. I’ll have my iBook, camera, and camcorder in tow. My goal is to use the JMB blog as a recording journal and keep folks updated on the progress. I’m anxious for everyone to hear the new songs. We had our last rehearsal last night, and the new songs are sounding great. Here’s a look at the tracklisting (not in order): -Wrap Me in Your Cross -Learning More Everyday -Will the Circle Be Unbroken -Sweet Embrace -Redemption Hymn -Depths of Your Mercy -I Am -Not So Easily Pleased -Call Me Crazy -Get Up To A High Mountain -What Part of Go Don’t You Understand Aside from the new album, we have started planning a live DVD to be released later this year. We’re planning on filming one of our performances at Cedarmore in July. Also, we have new t-shirts finally!

No comments: